Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Photobear likes trains. That simple statement can go a very long way to messing up your hobby like photography. So the best thing is to combine the two things. Here is the train at Heritage Park, located in McDonough, Ga. ( I-75 exit 218, go east about 4 or so miles, hwy 81). This train is a type similar to the one that ran over a washed away tressle back in 1903 or was it '06? 36 people died in the wreck, their bodies were laid out at the square, now they say the square is haunted. I don't really understand why a ghost would haunt the wrong place. Maybe they are as smart as we are. This train is a 2-4-0, very similar to the type that opened America when the railroad began crossing our country.
Here are the driving wheels, they're not very large. That limits speed but increases pulling power.
Photonote: the overcast day made the shadows dark so I set the camera to fill flash. The new automatics do this so easily, not like older cameras which required much calculation to fill, or you had to quess.
If you look carefully both driving wheels are linked together by a bar and that arrangement is rotated by the forward steam piston. How simple an idea.
This view is the last thing a cow sees if its on the tracks.
Naturally I have to slip a picture of the model train display at Disneys' Epcot. The red and yellow trolleys are crossing near the tiny village. This is in 'G' scale. Sometimes they put out a steam replica engine, and somewhere I have a picture of it. I promise to put it out later.
The Disney shot was taken with my Nikon D70s 18^70mm, and the others I used my Nikon 4300. One day I'm going to run across a running steam engine. Click Click.




No comments: