Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Little Lesson

I've been looking at some other wonderful scenic blogs lately, and there are some beautiful places on this earth. I'm just not there. However, I do go to Disney World more than most. So I'm going to toss a little envy out there with a few of my shots I've made over the years.
This is at Epcot's World fireworks display this summer, and it is always a great show.
Some photonotes on fireworks:
Brace the camera. I've turned some nice shots into squiggly line stuff because the human body just won't stay still.
Set the exposure for 'BULB' that is the B on the shutter speed. Or set the scenic switch to fireworks (my digital point shoot has one and usually the others do, too.)
If you are shooting film, asa 400=f/8, asa 100=f/4, as a guide. Then expose using bulb, this allows you to choose how long to leave the shutter open when fireworks are popping, select a few good boomers per shot, or leave it open a little longer to really fill in the blasts.
At Epcot, the area runs in a circle around the lake where the fireworks are going off. Do not stand downwind of the lake, you will be in a smoke cloud real quick. cough cough
Special note: New Years Eve, they had two fireworks, one at 9:00pm and at midnight. Every body and his cousin and their cousins were there. Send me a donation (several bucks, or a camera or two) and I'll tell you where the hidden bathroom is, the short line one. :-)
My your photojourney be filled with light.

No comments: