Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Still at Epcot

We're still at Disney Epcot, one of my favorite spots, and we went into the China exhibition and discovered this fascinating display. The new Mummy movie of course, was a reason to go back over some files. No, we don't want these little guys out running around.

The photonote: inside it was quite dark and the flash pictures I took were icky. (That's phototalk for flat and uninteresting.) So, without a tripod I was forced to look for an alternate support. How about the post that holds the 'keep out of here' tape? That worked well, and the wall also worked quite well. I normally don't carry a tripod with me because there are lots of things to brace my camera on. At the bottom of my blog the Disney hat photo was braced on the ubiquitous trash can. There seem to be a bunch of them growing around Disney, make sure to feed them your trash and keep them happy.
Speaking of tripods, I do have this really neat tabletop type that I carry in the woods a lot and brace it on tables found everywhere out there. As an alternative, there are trees that work very well, and big rocks, and the ground, too. Your photojourney will include strange, squattie, odd and sometimes painful poses. You will really come to love the correct height trash can.

Next: back to the journey. We did get a little off course.







No comments: