Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pentax 3

It has been quite a while since I've owned such a small body, and used this one only a little. Hardly enough to justify buying it, like the original two, the ME and MX. I even barely used the Tamron 38^100, which out weighs the body. But it is sharp.
I have this weird need to systemize any body I have and picked up a cheap but compact 80^200 zoom to go with it. If I recall I have taken one (1) picture with this lens. It's around somewhere but I don't miss it.
NOTE to self: do not buy any more 80^200 zooms or 135's, You don't use them, stop buying them. (As if I listen to anybody, including myself)
In another pawn shop, I found a nice Pentax ME Super. This is the next Pentax that followed the ME, and she's a beaut. It has shutter selection ability, which, of course I rarely use now, amd it gets used far more than the manual MX. Same as before. I have re-discovered aperture priority, and the ME Super does that well, just like the Nikon FE.
Now I have a nice Pentax system. Two bodies; the MX and ME Super, two SMC 50mm's a 1.4 and the inexpensive f/2.0 (which is very sharp, also) a 38^100 semi-wide to semi-tele, and the unfound 80^200. Not too bad an outfit.
I found a camera on ebay and what the hey, put the minimum bid down and surprised myself with a win. I got a Sears KS Super II with (guess carefully) a 135mm strange name. Ricoh is an excellent source of inexpensive camera bodies and Sears put their name on several of them. Mine is the Ricoh XR 6 equivalent. It has the Pentax K mount and can take my Pentax lenses, too. Nice little find.

Next: a free lens.

No comments: